Apron???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apron???

Okay, I spent a good portion going through the casebook on the apron, and didn't seem to find the answer to the question I have about it---

where is it now?

was it photographed?

was it placed into evidence?

is it in the Black Museum?

did someone take it as a memento?

how do we know that JtR used it to wipe his knife?

or his hands?

Can someone help???

Not Known

Originally posted by Gman992 View Post
    Okay, I spent a good portion going through the casebook on the apron, and didn't seem to find the answer to the question I have about it---
    where is it now?
    was it photographed?
    was it placed into evidence?
    is it in the Black Museum?
    did someone take it as a memento?
    how do we know that JtR used it to wipe his knife?
    or his hands?
    Can someone help???
    To answer your questions -

1. It is not known to still exist.
    2. It is not known to have been photographed.
    3. It was retained at the time but there is no further mention of it.
    4. It is not in the 'Black Museum' (sic - Crime Museum).
    5. It is not known to have been taken as a memento.
    6. We do not know that 'JtR' used it to wipe his knife or his hands.
    SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

It is however generally assumed that he wiped either his hands or the knife on it.

I have also never heard of the apron being photographed or stored somewhere.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Hi Addy,

Originally posted by Addy View Post

I have also never heard of the apron being photographed or stored somewhere.

Addy
        Now you have!

Amitiés,
        David

Comment

Hi David,

So you heard of it being photographed or stored? Where was is stored? And do you know where the photographs are?

Greetings,
          Addy

Comment

Hi Addy,

at a guess, it must be kept with the Ark of Covenant, under the cathedral Maryam-Sion in Aksum.

Amitiés,
            David

Comment

Eddowes' Apron and "Leather Apron"

Hey guys, a lightbulb just off in my head. I think I may have an explanation for the graffito (if JTR wrote it) and Eddowes's apron.

Ok, first off, we know that the initial scare for the Whitechapel murders was placed on an individual called "Leather Apron" who was described as being Jewish and an ill-user of prostitutes. Now, John Pizer was arrested and was identified by Sargeant Thick as Leather Apron. After Pizer was cleared, the "Leather Apron" pseudonym died down. However, JTR kilels Eddowes and removes her apron. Now, if we assume that he is responsible for the graffiti, he might have been trying to re-ignite the Leather Apron scare and once again try to implicate a Jew who was the real Leather Apron (as opposed to Pizer). Think about it. A bloody apron left right next to a message that says "The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing." This may have been a reference to the LEather Apron arrest and release. Anyone else think it possible?
              I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

Hi David,

You are probably right and next to it will be the police file containing JtR's identity!

JtRSickert, it could very well be a pun on the Leather Apron thing, perhaps to put the police back on the track of Jewish people?

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Thanks! I was thinking that if SY-Scotland Yard-still had it maybe they can use some of the DNA in the blood to see if:

a) narrow it down to suspects
                  b) to see if KE really had Bright's Disease

speaking of which, what happened to the kidney that George Lusk received? Is it gone too?

Comment

DNA's been mentioned several times in reference to the victims recently......Ignoring the problems of getting that for a minute,I REALLY don't see 'Excuse me,Mr.X.....Have you any bits of great-grandad's stuff left to see if he was JTR......?' working............
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gman992 View Post
                      Thanks! I was thinking that if SY-Scotland Yard-still had it maybe they can use some of the DNA in the blood to see if:

a) narrow it down to suspects
                      b) to see if KE really had Bright's Disease

speaking of which, what happened to the kidney that George Lusk received? Is it gone too?
                      I believe it was kept till the 1950s but had deteriorated to badly that it was thrown away.

Cheers
                      Monty
                      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I just listened to a radio show talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls, 2,000 years old and some of them so deteriorated that there were fingernail-sized fragments that had to be reassembled. But they did it. Seems a shame that a 75-year-old piece of Jack the Ripper evidence would have been thrown out because it was a bit tattered. But then again, the blood (and DNA) on it were in all likelihood Kate's, not Jack's. So I suppose the same could be said for any item of clothing from any of the victims. When it comes to unsolved cases of today, someone like JonBenet Ramsey's clothes are probably in an evidence locker in Boulder, but those of Martha, Polly, Annie, Liz, Kate, and Mary Jane- all stained with blood- are all as gone as Kate's apron because there just isn't anything that blood can tell us.

Comment

Working...
                        X