Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Ilford

Hello!
    I need help. Where is "Little Ilford" excatly in 1888? And, where I can see photos about the place?

Thanks!

Hello SDD
    I believe this may give you your answer...

Little Ilford is a district of London, England in the London Borough of Newham and the name of a ward in that borough.

Little Ilford was a civil parish in the West Ham Rural Sanitary District in Essex from 1875 to 1886, when it became part the East Ham Urban Sanitary District, and after 1894 the East Ham urban district. It was abolished as a civil parish in 1900, becoming part of the parish of East Ham and from 1915 the County Borough of East Ham.

best wishes and a Merry Christmas.

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

But, Little Ilford it's near to East End? Or it's in East End?
      I form Spain, so I don't undersant very weel the diferents district of London in 1888

Comment

Hi Sophie,

Hope this helps. I've circled Little Ilford. The red dot bottom left is approximately where Bucks Row/Durward Street is. In 1888 Little Ilford was part of Essex and not London. Today it's part of London.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1872 map.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	658244

Rob

Comment

Thanks!!
          I'm writting about Mary's funeral in my novel. She was buried in Little Illford, no?
          How much can you take to go from Whitechapel to Little Ilford? With a coachman, of course.

Comment

Working...
          X