Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Stetler - The Book That Never Was

Hi all,

This is my first post, unfortunately to tell about a very bad experience I'm having with Mr. James Stetler and his book "Jack The Ripper: Another Chapter", the book that never was.

After seeing an advertising for his book here at casebook.org home page, I bought the PDF file for 5 quid then after reading it, for my regret, decided to send him 14 quid for the hard cover edition.

Not that his book is worth reading/having, believe me, it's not, his theory has many flaws and takes many facts for granted, but I'm trying to read everything that's out on JTR, and also collecting, this was the only reason I've decided, for my regret, to go for the hard cover edition.

Payment was sent through pay pal on July 27th, he replied a couple of days later saying that soon I'd have the book.

On september 11th I e-mail him saying I hadn't got the book and asking him when he had shipped, his reply was:

"Your book was posted approx 2 weeks ago. I do not know the dispatch time to your destination but I imagine it can be a couple of weeks more. If you do not recieve it within this time get back to me and I will resend it without delay. Thanks for your patience".

On October 3rd I e-mailed him again saying the book hadn't arrived and asking him to send it again using registered air mail, his reply was:

"Thanks for your e-mail. I see that your book should have arrived by now. We are having industial action here in the UK with the post which is affecting delivery. I will re-send your book on wednesday next week.
    I cannot send it by registered mail as the cost is prohibative but I will send by priority airmail which means you will recieve it within 2 working weeks".

On November 16th I e-mail him saying the book hadn't arrived and asking for a refund. He hasn't replied.

I wonder if anyone who bought the book from him got it eventually. By now something tells me this book never was.

I guess I found a real ripper. Now I'm wondering how many victims he's had.

I have all the e-mails saved, anyone who wants the trail can have it, just let me know.

Beware!

I ordered the book from the website and it arrived in about two weeks in very good nick. You're quite right about its quality, though: only completists should bother buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
      I ordered the book from the website and it arrived in about two weeks in very good nick. You're quite right about its quality, though: only completists should bother buying it.
      Thanks for the feedback TGM, I wish I was that lucky. Never had this same issue before though.

Comment

Working...
      X