Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Book -- "The Ripperologists"

Hello all.

I'm trying to build up some reviews for my new novel, "The Ripperologists," on Amazon.com.

In order to kindle that flame, as it were, I'm offering a free copy of the novel to the first three people that contact me. Your only obligation is that you have to write a short review on Amazon after you read the book -- pro or con, doesn't make no nevermind to me. I just need to get that pump primed.

If you're interested, let me know.

And thanks!

John G.

Oh, and here's a description of the book:

Famous mystery novelist Barbara Thomas -- who has once again topped the best-seller lists, this time with a new, nonfiction book she claims reveals, once and for all, the true identity of Jack the Ripper -- is paired with legendary Ripperologist Henry McHugh, a renowned and beloved expert in the field.

Brought together by an eager police detective, the two rivals must put aside their differences long enough to piece together the identity of a killer who has ingeniously recreated Jack the Ripper's first murder -- and looks to be well on his way to re-committing the next four.

With wit and suspense -- and set against the backdrop of the fascinating subculture of Ripperologists -- the story takes equal stabs at the disparate worlds of publishing, Ripper studies, fan conventions, and Internet chatrooms, as our two unlikely heroes employ their (often contrary) knowledge of a 120-year-old phantom to hunt down a modern killer.

Book

Originally posted by jgaspard View Post
    Hello all.

I'm trying to build up some reviews for my new novel, "The Ripperologists," on Amazon.com.

In order to kindle that flame, as it were, I'm offering a free copy of the novel to the first three people that contact me. Your only obligation is that you have to write a short review on Amazon after you read the book -- pro or con, doesn't make no nevermind to me. I just need to get that pump primed.

And thanks!

John G.

Famous mystery novelist Barbara Thomas -- who has once again topped the best-seller lists, this time with a new, nonfiction book she claims reveals, once and for all, the true identity of Jack the Ripper -- is paired with legendary Ripperologist Henry McHugh, a renowned and beloved expert in the field.

Brought together by an eager police detective, the two rivals must put aside their differences long enough to piece together the identity of a killer who has ingeniously recreated Jack the Ripper's first murder -- and looks to be well on his way to re-committing the next four.

With wit and suspense -- and set against the backdrop of the fascinating subculture of Ripperologists -- the story takes equal stabs at the disparate worlds of publishing, Ripper studies, fan conventions, and Internet chatrooms, as our two unlikely heroes employ their (often contrary) knowledge of a 120-year-old phantom to hunt down a modern killer.
    Hey!
    I would LOVE to have a book like that to read.
    paynej49@yahoo.com

Comment

Hello all.

And thanks!

John G.

I would also love a copy!

Comment

Put me on the list! Hey! does that make me No 3 !
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

We have a winner

Thanks, that makes three!

Comment

Hi John
            Have emailed and PM'd you my mailing details. Looking forward to reading and reviewing
            Suz

Comment

Thanks, Suz, and thanks to our other winners.

I'll get your copies into the post first thing tomorrow morning.

Best,

JG

Comment

Cheers

Comment

Hello all.

And thanks!

John G.

Hi, Is it too late to get a book? I used to review film scripts and written material for Hollywood producers. I read and made my comments on over 2500 pieces of material in the 80s-90s. I'd love to read yours and I promise to be kind. Thanks

Comment

I'll Return the Book

Hello all.

And thanks!

John G.

I'd be happy to return the book if that's important.

Comment

John Gaspard is a good guy and is very serious about his work, unlike many hacks in Ripperology. Although his 'free' copies are spoken for, that doesn't mean the book isn't available for sale with good ol' fashioned currency. It's been on the front page of Casebook for a couple weeks now.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Who are some of the "many hacks in Ripperology" Tom? Pun intended?

Me, I hope.

Comment

He he nice one Tom!!!
                          Mine's in the post- interested to see how it goes....looking forward to it

Comment

Thanks!

I said this in my e-mail to you, but I just wanted to say it again. Thanks so much for the generous opportunity. I'm looking forward to reading your book.

All the Best,
                            Erynn

Comment

Drats! I missed the deadline!

-Cameron ;>(
                              Cameron

Comment

Working...
                              X