Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Kelly's killer have a temporal lobe lesion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did Kelly's killer have a temporal lobe lesion?

Hello. I have been looking at the Fleming threads and Mike makes an interesting observation. He suggests that Kelly's killer may have been deranged and may not have realized his deed afterward. That sounds a good deal like a temporal lobe lesion. I have heard stories about the sufferers of this who awoke with bloodied axes who yet did not recognize what had happened. I have a few details below:

• There is a temporal lobe personality. There is an emphasis on trivia and the small details of daily life. There is egocentricity, pedantic speech, perseveration of speech, paranoia, religious preoccupations and a tendency to aggressive outbursts, especially after right temporal lobectomy. Perseveration is when there is a continuous but futile attempt to produce a word or perform an action long after others would have given up or tried a different approach.
    • As well as behavioural change, temporal lobe lesions can present with visual field defects in the form of superior quadrant loss, sometimes called the "pie in the sky defect."
    • Temporal lobe lesions may be associated with true hypersexuality, transvestite and transsexual behaviour. Stroke normally reduces libido but temporal lobe lesions can increase it.3 Lesions of the inferior temporal lobe have been reported to produce the Kluver-Bucy syndrome.

Sound familiar? Did Kelly's killer have this?

LC

Excuse me, but anyone going down this path may have a temporal lobe lesion... at the very least.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

More than likely he had brain damage from constant drinking! Even without any brain damage constant drinking can cause all kinds of mental symptoms. Like paranoia and halucinations.

Comment

Hello Lynn!

Practically anything is possible, since the person never got caught!

But a temporal lobe lesion would increase the possibilities of being caught, I think!

So, more likely he was in the crowd, watching his work!

All the best
        Jukka
        "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

hypothesis

Hello. It is true that a chap with temporal lobe lesions would most likely be caught, given multiple homicides. I am, however, acting on the hypothesis that Mary's killer did not kill C1-C4. It is, of course, merely speculative, but would, I think, explain the great disparity in MO with the last C5 victim.

LC

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
            More than likely he had brain damage from constant drinking! Even without any brain damage constant drinking can cause all kinds of mental symptoms. Like paranoia and halucinations.
            Now if we throw in engaging in private vices we have an explanation for many of the posts we see on Casebook.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
            X