Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA From Children

Just saw this in my local newspaper.

Obviously the shape of crime fighting things to come.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dna.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	669628
    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Wow...just wow. Welcome to life when you live in a country where the government owns you.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Wow...just wow. Welcome to life when you live in a country where the government owns you.
      Just you wait until Obama gets into his stride....

Graham
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Nah it would never happen here. The ACLU would be on their ass, and the constitution protects us from unlawful search and seizure. They'd try it, and the lawsuit would bankrupt the first police agency that attempted it.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

ACLU? Wassat?

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            ACLU? Wassat?
            Don't ask me... I haven't ACLU either
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

American Civil Liberties Union. Dedicated to preserving our constitutionally protected freedoms. They will often take up a case for someone if their rights have been infringed upon and provide free lawyers especially in cases that could challenge constitutional protections.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                American Civil Liberties Union. Dedicated to preserving our constitutionally protected freedoms. They will often take up a case for someone if their rights have been infringed upon and pay for all the legal fees involved especially in cases that could challenge constitutional protections.
                Where does their income come from?

G

Comment

Donations and dues from members primarily. But also awards settlements from trials, publications, etc.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

ACLU, rah rah rah!

If they REALLY want to build a database, why not just make it mandatory that every child gets swabbed before they enter school? If you're going to take away peoples' rights, no need to be sneaky about it.

Comment

Stephen thanks for sharing this, it's a great idea. An example of proactive, preventive police work in England. Exactly what we need in the US, where we have an epidemic of crime, from petty theft to 19,000 murders a year.

Some states already drug test folks signing up for government assistance. (click) We could also require a DNA swab of welfare mothers, then all their offspring's mtDNA would be in the database. An efficient use of resources.

Roy
                      Sink the Bismark

Comment

ok, so for all of my fellow American that are posting on this thread and saying it will never happen here. Guess what?. We are already well into a system simular to this. For at least a decade now all of your uniformed fighting men and women have been required to give a DNA sample. If you have registered your child with any of the "lost child" services in the last 5 years their DNA is on file. If you work for any government agengy you are required to submit to an annual drug test that is tracked by DNA they get the DNA from the protien in your urin. If you have had any surgery in the last 10 years that MediCare has paid any part of, your DNA is on file. The FBI has the largest repository of DNA information in the world and 99% of it is American DNA. If Obama's uniform health care plan gets passed in the next session of congress you will be required to give a DNA sample in order to obtain health insurance. thats any health insurance not just government funded but private also.
                        'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

But Smez, every one of those things is good thing and done for a reason. Armed Forces folks give DNA fto ID their remains if need be should they give their life in service to their country. You WANT your child's DNA to be registered for the lost children program. That's why you do it. Of course US employees are tested. They work for us. Why do I care if my mother's DNA is on file? She's on Medicare and she never hurt a flea. I really don't want to get into the BHO health proposal. I have health insurance because I put myself through college and like it or not I get up and go to work every day. But again, that's a different story.

And besides, we Americans have hijacked this thread, which Stephen started, about English police work. Sorry.

Now carry on.

Roy
                          Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by smezenen View Post
                            ok, so for all of my fellow American that are posting on this thread and saying it will never happen here. Guess what?. We are already well into a system simular to this.
                            What a crock of crap. Let me guess, you wear a tinfoil hat when you sleep and believe the illuminati are secretly controlling the world, don't you?

[QUOTE]
                            For at least a decade now all of your uniformed fighting men and women have been required to give a DNA sample.

If you have registered your child with any of the "lost child" services in the last 5 years their DNA is on file.
                            First of all, the concept of a soldier being required to submit DNA would be logical in cases of needing to identify the body. And, it should be noted, joining the armed forces is also voluntary. Registering a missing child service is ALSO a voluntary enterprise that parents can undertake in the event of their child being kidnapped. No one is forced to do it and it's the resort of hysterical parents who also tag their kids with GPS and other assorted whatnot. And the information is stored with the parents, since it makes no sense for a not for profit to have a registry of millions of kids who will never be kidnapped.

If you work for any government agengy you are required to submit to an annual drug test that is tracked by DNA they get the DNA from the protien in your urin.
                            Wrong again. First of all it is completely NOT cost effective to test millions and millions of government employees every year for drugs. It doesn't happen. Second of all, urine is the LEAST effective means of gathering DNA due to the low amount of DNA material available. So the idea is just plain daft.

If you have had any surgery in the last 10 years that MediCare has paid any part of, your DNA is on file.
                            I call the bullshit flag. On what basis do you make this claim? Because I have not been able to find a single viable source for it.

If Obama's uniform health care plan gets passed in the next session of congress you will be required to give a DNA sample in order to obtain health insurance. thats any health insurance not just government funded but private also.
                            And yet again, bullshit flag. The ACLU has already fought and won several cases of attempting to collect DNA without proper cause. All of the above is the hysterical ranting of right wing militia "the guv'ment's going to get me" types.

There is no basis in actual fact for any of the above.
                            Last edited by Ally; 06-08-2009, 02:53 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

[QUOTE=Ally;89507]What a crock of crap. Let me guess, you wear a tinfoil hat when you sleep and believe the illuminati are secretly controlling the world, don't you?

First of all, the concept of a soldier being required to submit DNA would be logical in cases of needing to identify the body. And, it should be noted, joining the armed forces is also voluntary. Registering a missing child service is ALSO a voluntary enterprise that parents can undertake in the event of their child being kidnapped. No one is forced to do it and it's the resort of hysterical parents who also tag their kids with GPS and other assorted whatnot. And the information is stored with the parents, since it makes no sense for a not for profit to have a registry of millions of kids who will never be kidnapped.

Wrong again. First of all it is completely NOT cost effective to test millions and millions of government employees every year for drugs. It doesn't happen. Second of all, urine is the LEAST effective means of gathering DNA due to the low amount of DNA material available. So the idea is just plain daft.

I call the bullshit flag. On what basis do you make this claim? Because I have not been able to find a single viable source for it.

And yet again, bullshit flag. The ACLU has already fought and won several cases of attempting to collect DNA without proper cause. All of the above is the hysterical ranting of right wing militia "the guv'ment's going to get me" types.

There is no basis in actual fact for any of the above.
                              1- i dont remeber calling you names or insulting you ever so dont get that way with me. no i dont wear a tinfoil hat

2- im a retired soldier so thats how i know we soldiers have ours on file and yes its for identification purposes why else would it be on file DUH.

3- part of my job as a soldier was to perform duties as the drug and alchol prevention officer. I administered the annual urinalisis to other soldiers and to civilian government empployees that work on the base i was assigned to and guess what we tracked results thru the DNA in the proteins in the urin.

4- the lost child service that my children are registered with submitte dDNA samples to the FBI repository so that If my children ever become missing the could be (dare i say it) identified.

5- My wife is a medical administrative assistant one of here duties right now is to digitize old medical records that means she sees alot of them and most of the ones she is dealing wth these days are Medicare records and they require a DNA sample be entered for anyh surgery.

6- the ACLU will get a chance to fight it but only if your right are infringed upon such as the 5th amendment which says you can not be made to make statements or give evidence that would be self incriminating. if however there is other evidence that you commited a crime then DNA evidence already on file could be used against you. also read the statements you are signing when you go into the hspital for testing or take a urinalisis test for your employer they all have a statement that you are giving you permission for testing so in effect you are waiving your rights when you sign them.

If I where you I wouldnt jump to condem someone before you find out where they get their information. If you chose not to believe my information then dont thats your right but to make personal attacks is i believe against the policies of this website.
                              'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - beer in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Comment

Working...
                              X