Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS Meeting, 6th June 2009 - Result!

Hi All,
    Another great night at the Whitechapel Society last night!

Philip Hutchinson was the guest speaker presenting 'The Whitby Collection' and if you were there, you were treated to some of the most interesting photos of the Ripper locations seen for a long time - in particular the Hanbury Street location! Philip also presented us with modern day comparisons and kept the audience captivated with his informative commentary. Out thanks to Philip for providing a superb evening.

Thanks to all those who came - another really good turn out.

A full review (and some of the photographs) will appear in the August Whitechapel Journal.

Frogg

Many thanks to Frogg and everyone for making me so welcome on my first visit. What a fabulous presentation, in a lovely informal atmosphere. I think anyone originally conected with victorian Whitechapel would be pleased and proud that such a great bunch of people are meeting to celebrate them so many years later.
    God bless you all,and see you next time.
    Pete

Comment

Thanks Pete,
      Glad you enjoyed the evening.

We're always happy to see new faces at the Society and hope you will visit us again. There's plenty to look forward to in the coming months including the August talk 'WAS JACK THE RIPPER A FREEMASON' by YASHA BERESINER (who's biog appears on our website and is too detailed to repeat here!)

Also, this October is 'THE JEREMY BEADLE LECTURE' presented by Robin Odell in aid of 'Children with Leukaemia Research'.

Our active support of 'SAVE THE BANCROFT' in London's East End is ongoing
      and on top of all that is the 'WS SHORT STORY COMPETITION' with a winning prize of £100.00!

Full details of all the above are on our website;

Frogg.

Comment

What? You were THERE, Warspite, and didn't introduce yourself???!!!

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Working...
        X