Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Authenticity of the Swanson marginalia??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authenticity of the Swanson marginalia??

Hi there.

Has the authenticity of the Swanson marginalia ever been brought up? I find it interesting that there is such a big fuss over the authenicity of the Maybrick diary yet I cannot find anything that questions the marginalia. I am not saying by any means that I think it is faked but as it ever been 100% proven to be genuine? Is there a possibility it was hoaxed?
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Uncle Jack writes:

"I find it interesting that there is such a big fuss over the authenicity of the Maybrick diary yet I cannot find anything that questions the marginalia."

Holy smoke, Uncle! You need to get updated on the threads - there has been an almighty war on the subject! Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Police Officials > Swanson, Chief Inspector Donald : "The Swanson marginalia revisited" is where you need to go. Or not.

The best!
    Fisherman

Comment

Cheers Fish. Yes, it has been a while! Lol
      Best regards,
      Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Has anyone ever questioned whether the McNaghten memo is faked?? It has only been in the public domain since the 1950s... (This, incidentally, is a JOKE post! Only pointing out because last time I tried to make a joke post some pratt posted a serious reply.)

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jack View Post
          Is there a possibility it was hoaxed?
          A distinct possibility would be a failed attempt on the part of one of Swanson's five children to uphold a certain 'family tradition' (e.g. that the 'old man' cracked the case; and that the culprit was someone named 'Kosminski', who lived with his brother).

- "failed" in as much as some of the 'facts' are inaccurate.

What Martin Fido, Paul Begg, et al fail to realize, is that this possibility does more to validate the content of the margin/end notes; than does the insistence that the notes are of genuine provenance simply because ... one says so.

Comment

Working...
          X