Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Kate have learned of Stride's murder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Kate have learned of Stride's murder?

Hello all,

is there (from your point of view) a possibility that Kate could have elarned of the other murder some time between her release from Bishopsgate and her murder. There's a time span of roughly forty to forty-five minutes in which she could have met up with potential "customers" who might have told her of the murder. Of course, given the fact that word of it spread across the East End fast enough.

What do you think? Is it likely, unlikely or impossible?
    In heaven I am a wild ox
    On earth I am a lion
    A jester from hell and shadows almighty
    The scientist of darkness
    Older than the constellations
    The mysterious jinx and the error in heaven's masterplan

It's possible, but unlikely, I'd say. At least one Metropolitan Policeman (PC Long) hadn't heard of any murder that night until after he'd found Kate's apron... and he was operating within the heart of the "murder district" itself! In this context, it's perhaps significant that few of the police officers directly involved in the Eddowes case seem to have hinted at any knowledge of the previous murder either.

The streets around Mitre Square seem not to have been buzzing with activity to any great extent, if Lawende and his two mates are any indicator. Even in the more heavily-populated area around Goulston Street, it seems that only a couple of passers-by were spotted and questioned by the police in the aftermath of Kate's murder.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hello you all!

I agree with Sam, it's possible, but pretty unlikely!

Just wondering; could hearing about the murder have made Kate more cautious?!

Yes, she wasn't quite sober yet, but anyway...

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

It would all have happened so quickly I doubt the poor woman even learned of her own.

Comment

Well, it is a bit of a stretch with such short timing between Stride's death and Eddowes, but i wouldn't say it was an impossibility, just probably she didn't know about Stride's death. Who knows for sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellrider View Post
            Hello all,

is there (from your point of view) a possibility that Kate could have elarned of the other murder some time between her release from Bishopsgate and her murder. There's a time span of roughly forty to forty-five minutes in which she could have met up with potential "customers" who might have told her of the murder. Of course, given the fact that word of it spread across the East End fast enough.

What do you think? Is it likely, unlikely or impossible?
            I would say that there is almost no chance at all that she could have learned of Liz's murder HR...she was released just as Liz was found dead by Diemshutz...and its not until 1:06-1:10 that we have police or medical authorities on-site. She was incarcerated in a City jail until 1am, and when we next see her at 1:35am she is talking to a man just outside Mitre Square.

Impossible is so final a word, Id go with highly unlikely myself.

Best regards HR

Comment

as you can see i am only a novice at this,but looking at the times lines of the discovery of long liz's body and the time Catherine Eddowes was released,i very much doubt she could have known.

Also would the police not have warned her before she left the station?

Comment

Working...
              X