Rose Mylett - Jill the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose Mylett - Jill the Ripper

This is a brand new theory which I believe is the final solution.

We know that Joseph Barnett was a user of prostitutes and that his live in girlfriend, Mary Jane Kelly, was also an unfortunate.

I believe Joseph Barnett was having an affair with Rose Mylett. Rose was in love with Barnett and when she found out he was using prostitutes, she went ballistic. She searched and found the prostitutes he had been having relations with - Mary Nichols, Annie Chapman, Liz Stride and Catherine Eddowes. She killed them all in a frenzy.

Rose believed that Barnett was going to leave Mary Kelly for her and was being led on by Barnett. So when he ended his relationship with Rose, she was devastated. She killed Mary Kelly.

Barnett figured out that she had killed Kelly and went to confront her on December 20th 1888. He had an argument with her in Clarke's Yard and strangled her. Thus no more Jack the Ripper murders and the end of a murder spree. I think it is the solution but that is just me!

Well, I don't think you've solved the case, but that would make a very interesting novel. You should consider writing it!

Comment

well i think it is a plausable theory. but i dont understand why she would have butchered them to such extremes..... but still, it is a good theory and like brenda said it would make a very good book / play if you did it from rose's point of view.

---MJK---

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Rose View Post
        This is a brand new theory which I believe is the final solution.
        I believe Joseph Barnett was having an affair with Rose Mylett. Rose was in love with Barnett and when she found out he was using prostitutes, she went ballistic. She searched and found the prostitutes he had been having relations with - Mary Nichols, Annie Chapman, Liz Stride and Catherine Eddowes. She killed them all in a frenzy.
        Look forward to your evidence of him being connected to all of the victims, I assume your saving that for the book right?
        Regards Mike

Comment

Hi
          Although i can't subscribe to that theory, i however feel that there is more to it, then a lone maniac walking the streets during that autumn, singling out loose women , and accepting thats enough, after slaughtering Kelly.
          The Kelly woman holds the answer to this case, i would say that if it was not for her, none of these murders would have happened.
          Someone from Marys past either recent, or further back, had a motive, the central characters are ..
          Joseph Barnett,
          Joseph Flemming.[ birth spelling]
          A drover named Lawrence.
          A partner from her life in wales. was her husband killed?
          The man seen with Kelly in the court on the wednesday by Thomas Boyer.
          The man [ oral history] that came to see kelly shortly before kellys death claiming she stole from him. who McCarthy sent packing in no uncertain terms.[ ref. FK]
          The murders stopped with her, i see it as either one of the above, or if Maxwell was not mistaken... the last person seen with Mjk ie The market porter.
          A choice of two....
          Regards Richard.

Comment

rose the ripper

that would make very good plot for a novel

Comment

Some big issues with this theory, how do you explain all the other "Ripper" like murders in that decade? What about Tabram, who is almost canonical this day in time?

What about the fact that ALL evidence points to a male killer?
              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I just cannot see any woman committing such brutal and violent murders like that, but i'm gonna do research on her though.
                Last edited by SaraCarter33; 03-30-2010, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X