Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firelight...

Hi All

Is there a general consensus on the time the fire was lit in Mary's room and for what period of time it was burning?

It's just that Mary's room appeared to have no light or noise coming from it at 1.30am according to Prater.

Most of the learned opinions on these message boards appear to tend toward Mary going to bed at around this time.

If the Ripper/killer arrived later, then he lit the fire?

I don't agree that the killer would need the fire to light his work - Would he kill Mary first and then get the tinderbox out and be messing about in the fireplace? Would he light the fire for Mary before he attacked her?

I think the fire was already burning, and that the Ripper/killer put a "large amount of women's clothes" on the fire to DIM the light - possibly put the fire out.

If the fire was already burning and unnecessary to the killer, when and for what reason did Mary light the fire?

Did she light it in the early hours of the morning - possibly because she was waiting in her chemise for a lover to come? In which case the meeting was almost certainly pre-arranged (could still be a client rather than the Joes)

Did she go out at around 1.30 - returning later and lighting the fire to warm herself and dry her clothes?

I don't think there was a tinderbox on Abberline's inventory - where did that go?

I think that after the killer finished his work, which he carried out as quickly as possible, he left. This was before the fire flared up and melted the kettle-spout.

The fire burned for a good part of the morning which resulted in the room being still warm when entered later.
Working...
X