Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a new spin on 'Oh-murder"?

Hello all,

I had an idea that I thought Id see what the reaction to is....and unfortunately for me it doesnt even support my own theories about this murder.

The cry was heard by Elizabeth Prater, seemingly because she was awakened by her cat Diddles crossing her face or neck a few seconds earlier. Its difficult to imagine that this signified Marys attack commencement based largely on the fact that 2 women that heard the call, both Elizabeth and Sarah were assuredly listening for more noise to follow...Liz confirms she did.....to determine how real a danger there was, as the phrase or some quite like it were heard frequently with no connection to actual ongoing assaults....no noise was heard to follow,.. which puts some strain on an attack commencement because it appears she was an awake or at least conscious victim, and may have defended herself.

This premise requires that the voice heard was indeed Mary's or from that room...and I feel the ear witness evidence suggests that.

So......what if "oh-murder" signifies the end of her attack....not the beginning? What if he has been attacking her keeping her from screaming for a few seconds already...what if his arrival didnt wake the cat, it was the growing intensity of struggle sounds below that stirs him?

What if as his final end to their struggles he slits her throat just after releasing her mouth to use his hand in some kind of new position....and she gets "oh-murder" out just before she is silenced, ...the only audible sounds she gets out during the attack, and at the end, ...and effectively unable to resist any longer. There would be no need for noises to be heard if she then slumps and dies. He could wait a few minutes then move her to the beds middle, ...or even longer...but long enough for witnesses to fall back asleep.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2009, 08:21 PM.
Working...
X