Clergymen of Note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clergymen of Note

Having purchased the 1898 edition of Crockford's Clerical Directory on CD I am starting this thread for information on various clergymen of note relating to Druitt.

Ferdinand Francis Fleet was curate at Chiswick, the church being yards from the spot where Druitt's body was recovered. Fleet also lived nearby.

And here is an interesting character who was serving in the East End in 1888 with former ties to Chiswick. At least I presume "St. Geo E" is St. George's East. I cant find it in the list of abbreviations.

Comment

Here is Charles' Druitt's entry in the 1898 Crockford's. Charles was Montague's first cousin. He would continue to serve near Bridport until his death in 1900.

Comment

Francis John Huyshe, vicar of Wimbourne Minster:

Comment

Frederick John Swanston, curate at Wimborne Minster in 1888:

Last edited by aspallek; 02-12-2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

William Edward Plater, curate at Wimborne Minster in 1888:

Comment

Here is Edward Sanderson, father-in-law of Melville Macnaghten. His daughther Dora married Sir Melville and was the mother of Lady Aberconway.

Comment

The Glyn family of clerics, relatives of Katharine Carr Glyn who was the wife of John Henry Lonsdale. Note that two of the Glyns preceded Lonsdale at Fontmell Magna, Dorset. The Bishop of Peterborough was the cousin of Katharine's father.

Last edited by aspallek; 02-14-2009, 11:48 PM.

Comment

The following were at All Saints, Blackheath in 1888:

Vicar:

Curate:

Curate:

Comment

Working...
                  X