X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleeing covered in blood......

Yet he was never seen.
    How was this possible?

I just dont get how Jack could cause these injuries and remove human organs then flee the scene in busy morning hours when people are going to work.

And didnt he do alll these things in almost total darkness?
    Again I ask 1)How did no one notice a man covered in blood(where did he hide the organs?)
    2)How did he perform these terrible mutilations and removal of organs in darkness?

Hell, boss, you're the one that did it. Don't you remember?

You can't assume Jack would have blood all over him. If he strangled her first or cut her throat from behind, he could've gotten away mostly clean. Even if he did get bloody, he might have been able to pass himself off as a butcher headed home. Possibly.

As for how he can work in the dark, it's 'cause he's just that cool. Maybe he knew a little anatomy. Or maybe he was just grabbing and tearing at random, although then it would be hard to explain his fondness for uterus-es.

Just my two cents worth, there. That'n' a nickle will get you nuthin'.

It's an honor to meet you, by the way. People been looking for you a wicked long time.

Comment

I would've thought only his hands and perhaps forearms were only necessarily bloody, which he probably wiped clean on his victims' clothes. The stolen organs were likely stored in his pocket or, in the Mitre Squre case, wrapped in the piece of Eddowes' cut apron.

Comment

I've said some of this before, but though the theories as to how he could have gotten blood only on his hands sound good in theory I think there are practicalities that just wouldn't have worked all the time. It is way too easy to forget and scratch your nose, or put your knee down in the puddle as you're shifting position, or things like that. And think of this analogy- do you think you could kneel down to change a tire on your car wearing clean white clothes and still be completely clean and white when you're done? If you're lucky, but not always. But Jack wouldn't have been wearing white. I think the simple reason he wasn't noticed is that blood on dark clothes at night isn't noticeable from even a short distance, and he would have avoided coming right up face to face with anyone on his way home.

Comment

I agree that only his hands and forearms would have been bloody after the murders! One thing to remember is that in Victorian times horses where the only form of transporting goods and people in the confined streets of london and many streets had troughs that where filled with water so that the horses could drink from maybe he used them to get himself fairly clean and then made his way back to his residence?

Comment

If he were wearing a dark coloured overcoat of some description, (the sleeves of which I suppose potentially he could have rolled or pulled up during the attacks?) then it seems to me that in order for him to walk home unnoticed, all that's really needed is for him to keep his hands in his pockets.

Don't forget that the level of street lighting then was not the same as that which we're used to now, and even in London, when it got dark, it would I suspect, be reasonably easy to keep in the shadows more or less.

I think you'd have to more or less bump into the guy to realise he was unusually bloody (assuming that he was unusually bloody that is.)

Comment

Blood doesn't show on black clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffery View Post
                Hell, boss, you're the one that did it. Don't you remember?

You can't assume Jack would have blood all over him. If he strangled her first or cut her throat from behind, he could've gotten away mostly clean. Even if he did get bloody, he might have been able to pass himself off as a butcher headed home. Possibly.

As for how he can work in the dark, it's 'cause he's just that cool. Maybe he knew a little anatomy. Or maybe he was just grabbing and tearing at random, although then it would be hard to explain his fondness for uterus-es.

Just my two cents worth, there. That'n' a nickle will get you nuthin'.

It's an honor to meet you, by the way. People been looking for you a wicked long time.
                Sssshhh dont tell anyone or you will have hell unleashed on you

Comment

Given the very small geographic area involved, he either lived there or had some place he was tied to somehow, implying he either could go inside and wash, or he knew where to wash in the street. Still, he was lucky that no one noticed, or if they did, it never led to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by I_AM_JACK View Post
                    Sssshhh dont tell anyone or you will have hell unleashed on you
                    You can count on me, sure. Stitches fer snitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffery View Post
                      You can count on me, sure. Stitches fer snitches.
                      Then dumped in ditches

Comment

It's also worth noting the sometimes pretty messy jobs that left their mark on those that carried on their trades... the butchers, knackers and market porters {remember that all these guys were involved in the market trade, which tended to kick off during the early hours. Bloodstained people- even highly visible ones in the dimly lit streets of Spitalfields- were a far from uncommon sight during the wee small hours.
                        "If you listen to the tills you can hear the bells toll. You can hear what a state we're in".

Comment

there's some evidence from a expert in texas who doe geocriminology for the FBI(Geocriminology is the determining of a killers base of operation from the locations of his murders using a mathematical equation devised by the FBI based on hundres of investigations) and he narrowed down the area in Whitechapel where JTR may have lives/lodged as being Flower and Dean street it was also shown that during 1887 all of the victims at some time lived within 50yrds of these two streets!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Batsford View Post
                            there's some evidence from a expert in texas who doe geocriminology for the FBI(Geocriminology is the determining of a killers base of operation from the locations of his murders using a mathematical equation devised by the FBI based on hundres of investigations) and he narrowed down the area in Whitechapel where JTR may have lives/lodged as being Flower and Dean street it was also shown that during 1887 all of the victims at some time lived within 50yrds of these two streets!
                            Given the number of people that lived "within 50 yards of F & D St"- not to mention those who lived ON it, they've accounted for Christ knows {he probably doesn't, actually}how many people. It would be interesting to know, though, how the good old FBI worked out Flower & Dean Street rather than, say, Dorset Street {a perennial Old Favourite}, Thrawl Street, Fashion Street {both of which ran parrallel to F& D and shared almost every aspect of the one-time rookery}, Commercial Street, Brick Lane, any of the courts which abutted or joined onto any of the above streets {and they represent just the tip of a truly huge iceberg}. These FBI findings always, I have to admit, make me grin...
                            "If you listen to the tills you can hear the bells toll. You can hear what a state we're in".

Comment

Good reply. I don't know if you have but I've wandered around what's left of these 'rookeries'. Great description. F&D St doesn' exist anymore nor does Thrawl St. Dorset St is a parking station.

I was just about to give you my description of Jack!

Fortunately I stopped myself.
                              http://oznewsandviews.proboards.com

Comment

Working...
                              X