Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forensic questions

Hello,

I am new in the ripper research and have two questions about forensic stuff.

First, how long does it take until a strangulated person passes out and loses the consciouness? Only some seconds or a minute or even longer?

Second, is it more likely after a deep cut through the throat that the blood squirts (like a fountain) or that it flows in a big flush, which would mean that the perpetrator is not as much covered as expected (especially in the first case)?

It would be helpful (at least for me) if these points could be clarified.

Best regards,
    Frank

From what I understand the following holds true. If anyone else has a better understanding, feel free to correct me.

1. How long it takes a person to pass out depends on the type and effectiveness of the strangulation. On average, again, depending on the type and effectiveness unconsciousness can occur as fast as ten seconds or take up to a minute.

2. The blood spray issue depends on several different factors. If the person was dead, there would be very little blood flow when the neck was cut. If the person was alive when the neck was cut but missed the arteries and only cut veins, there would also not be a "spray".

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

First, how long does it take until a strangulated person passes out and loses the consciouness? Only some seconds or a minute or even longer?

Even longer than a minute. Depends on how strong the victims constitution is. These women were weak and drunk. It probably took no time at all.

Second, is it more likely after a deep cut through the throat that the blood squirts (like a fountain) or that it flows in a big flush, which would mean that the perpetrator is not as much covered as expected (especially in the first case)?

If there were say a small cut in the artery I guess there would be something that looks like a very long squirt. Or right as JTR first cuts the neck there may be a heavy squirt. But considering the way JTR pretty much cuts the heads off his victims there probably wasnt as much squirting as there was just pulsating gushing of blood.

Comment

Working...
      X