Reincarnation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reincarnation

If yes, who were you in your previous life?
    Yes
    55.88%
    No
    44.12%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Paddy Goose View Post
    If yes, who were you in your previous life?
    To quote Rodney from Only Fools and Horses, "If there was such a thing as reincarnation, knowing my luck, I'd come back as me".
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I don't think I've been reincarnated but I suppose I soon will be, as recycling becomes compulsory.

I'll leave myself out in a green plastic coffin.

Comment

Where is the button for "in absence of evidence, I am reserving judgment"?

This should probably be in pub talk also.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I would settle for a life in this one!
          Regards Mike

Comment

I'm not a religious person at all, but I do believe in the POSSIBILITY of reincarnation and the equal possibility of a soul, but I do not believe that souls are eternal if so. I don't think I had a previous life and it is purely, for me, a matter of personal faith with no direct evidence.

PHILIP
            Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Sometimes yes; sometimes no.
              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

.... come back and ask me the question in 200 years. I might have a different view by then
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I live in hope..............Mind you it must depend on who or WHAT I come back as.................
                  'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Of course, one can rule nothing out. But I think the odds are against it.

For instance, the world population of minds, or souls or whatever you want to call them, is constantly increasing. Hence new minds are emerging from new wombs. So why do we need reincarnation to explain anything? Unless of course it's maintained that the new minds are reincarnated from a previous existence inside animals or insects. But I find this notion even harder to get to grips with.

Comment

Anyone remember the Bridey Murphy Case? I do, 'cos I was there!

Graham
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

There are so many documented instances of people apparently being able to tap into the past of someone else long dead, that it does make a dismissal of reincarnation very difficult to anyoen with an open mind. This is not the same as 'believing' however.

There may of course be other explanations for this ability - which is very rare - to make links through time; there are just possibly dimensions and senses of which have only the merest inkling.

Comment

Personally i don't believe in if you were a human in this life in the next life you'll be a duckbilled platypus. Some Psychiatrist's have given some evidence of reincarnation, however there is the counterfits, one of amazing people just picking up info like an extened version of ' That guy next to me i'm sure he's a golf player ' to which the guy next to him asks would you like a round of golf pal?. Still there was a Psychiatrist who did an extensive research into a group of women on the Cathars and reincarnation, but it was found that he did a lot of transference perhaps of his own thirst to find evidence of reincarnation from the Cathars during therapy sessions, there are people knocking about which are very suggestible persons. However, it's still being explored of the possibility of an Irish group of people who bear scars that resemble people having been burned in a terrible way, however they have not had any type of accident in this life for such scarring to occur, plus they have memories that have come in flashbacks of pieces of information of where research had to commence to establish what was being said, as a result the research so far seems possible that these people from Ireland have been reincarnated. However, as the world and universe seem to work, reincarnation seems a logical explaination that ties in with it, personally i don't think everyone gets reincarnated, but it may be part of an evolutionary process, especially when we can use things or lose them. Edgar Cayce keeps being mentioned with some, one day i might look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
                            There are so many documented instances of people apparently being able to tap into the past of someone else long dead, that it does make a dismissal of reincarnation very difficult to anyoen with an open mind. This is not the same as 'believing' however.

There may of course be other explanations for this ability - which is very rare - to make links through time; there are just possibly dimensions and senses of which have only the merest inkling.
                            There is the Psychometrics ' To measure with the mind ' the world is built up on layers ( you know volcanoes exploding that has created the land, and it's in layers) there are layers of timeline earth, you know dig a bit down and we have the roman period, then another layer down we have the Iron age etc. pretty much with the human mind, it's just digging around and unearthing some info with a connection, a person or an object etc. However for time or demensions, i think it's perhaps still science but not been explained yet or discovered, so we call it prophecy or psychic, something like that, oh and of course ' imagination ' very human i think. Personally i think reincarnation could be a bit like waiting for a bus for some, you hang a round a bit before you get another ride on a journey on another road. Belief is really powerful, but to do with yourself and motivates your actions. Also i personally go with the ' Open mind ' as being inquisitive, expolority and researching characteristics.
                            just thought i'd give my 5 pennies worth.
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2009, 12:33 AM. Reason: Added bits

Comment

We all have our opinions on whether or not reincarnation is true,
                              but opinions are only opinions, of course.. and lead nowhere much.
                              More reliable are the words and experiences of many esoteric
                              traditions that are within all the worlds major religions.

From the Geeta, The Gospel of The Lord Shri Krishna;
                              "There was never a time when I was not, nor thou;
                              there will never be a time when we shall cease to be"

"As the soul experiences in this body, infancy, youth
                              and old age, so finally it passes into another. The wise
                              have no delusion about this"

"As a man discards his threadbare robes and puts on new,
                              so the spirit throws off its worn out bodies and takes
                              fresh ones"

"The end and beginning of beings are unknown. We see
                              only the intervening formations"

Similar references can be found in most traditions.
                              Just thought I'd throw this in .. carry on with the opinions!
                              "Victoria Victoria, the queen of them all,
                              of Sir Jack she knows nothing at all"

Comment

Working...
                              X