Kudzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudzu

Here it is! The Kudzu thread. Everything Kudzu all the time!!

And I am going to start with Mr Astrakhan. Because it seems to me that we've been looking at this encounter from Hutchinson's perspective and from Kelly's perspective but not from Mr A's perspective.

Two possibilities:

Mr A is a regular punter. He picks up Kelly on the street. However it doesn't sound like that street was crowded, so he has probably also noticed Hutchinson. He definitely sees Hutchinson take the time and trouble to look him in the face and take note of him. Then Hutchinson follows him and his pick-up, and he must notice that because he stands and yaks to Kelly for '3 minutes' at the entrance to Millers Court before going in. Hutchinson is standing fairly close. If I am Mr A, I am going to get a little worried about this. How do I know that Hutchinson isn't Kelly's accomplice, who will break into the room while I'm otherwise involved and demand all my money and my horseshoe tie-pin. How do I know that Hutchinson isn't Kelly's paramour who might want to hurt any other man she sees? If I'm a regular punter, I think I might move on and find someone with a little less of an entourage.

Mr A is the Ripper. He picks up Kelly on the street. However it doesn't sound like that street was crowded, so he has probably also noticed Hutchinson. He definitely sees Hutchinson take the time and trouble to look him in the face and take note of him. Then Hutchinson follows him and his pick-up, and he must notice that because he stands and yaks to Kelly for '3 minutes' at the entrance to Millers Court before going in. Hutchinson is standing fairly close. If I am the Ripper, I might be a little worried about this. How do I know that Hutchinson might not burst in on me? And I am caught in that room like a rat in a trap. How do I know that Hutchinson isn't hanging round outside the court--or even outside the room? Waiting for me to come out. How do I know that he had left by 3.00 am? If I am a successful serial killer, I am prepared to take risks but I'm not suicidal. I think I might move on and find someone with a little less of an entourage.

Mr A's behaviour doesn't make sense in either scenario. More reasons why I don't believe our own particular creeping weed...
Working...
X