Man admits Rachel Nickell murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man admits Rachel Nickell murder

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Double-sex-killer Robert Napper admits Nickell's murder in court.

Interesting development. More here:

Robert Napper is suspected of carrying out 106 rapes, indecent assaults and other sex offences in five years before he became a serial killer and killed Rachel Nickell.

Comment

Here is her page on "Famous Crimes"

And her page on Wiki

Hope he makes lots of friends in prison, who don't like to use lubricants!
      Regards Mike

Comment

Here's the one I saw.

What is significant for us is that:

1.He began with lesser crimes.

2.The police arrested and almost saw the wrong man convicted.

3. The police ignored much important evidence.

4. The profiler was wrong, apparently thrown off by the fact that the perpetrator's other crimes were so different from this one.

5. He grew up in a dysfunctional home where his father physically abused his mother.

6. A forensic psychologist is quoted as saying that frenzied motiveless knife attacks on women are rare. This is important for us because there has been much debate over whether there was more than one Jack.

7. The neighbors suspected him.

Comment

Originally posted by diana View Post
          6. A forensic psychologist is quoted as saying that frenzied motiveless knife attacks on women are rare. This is important for us because there has been much debate over whether there was more than one Jack.
          Key words: "frenzied" and "motiveless".
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I mentioned the Napper case on a recent podcast, highlighting the following in particular:

"He preyed particularly upon women in parks and commons, but would also stalk them at their homes, watching them for days before choosing his moment to attack."

Best regards,
            Ben

Comment

Ben,
              He did stalk---but he also vastly altered his "signature".The killing of the woman and child was horrific as well as tragic .The mutilations on Ms Bisset were similar to those of Mary Kelly----the scene,with both mother and child murdered,was so horrific that the police photographer had a nervous breakdown and couldnt work for several months after, whereas in the other dreadful case of Rachel Nickell ,Napper made a frenzied knife attack---49 stab wounds,quite like the Martha Tabram murder.Not only that but he had varied his other attacks.Some were random stabbings -but not multiple stabbings from what I gathered [or killings],some were some were rape cases.Sort of throws Profiling up in the air along with other shibboleths about serial killers and their motives.According to his doctors he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia and aspergers syndrome,so he is a very sick man.

Comment

Hi All,

Plenty of lessons for us all to learn here. For instance, Napper was thought innocent at one stage because eye witness reports put his height at 5ft 7 when he is in fact 6ft 2.

Also, I have been thinking lately that bodily trophies are much more likely to indicate a killer who thinks of his offences in terms of sexual conquests, and therefore wants something to remind himself of his 'successes', like notches on the bedpost, than the old organ-harvesting for profit motive.

I strongly suspect that certain theories (eg those involving tangible motives, including 'personal' reasons for MJK's murder) are destined for the Ripperological dustbin now, while others are going to be looked at with fresh eyes. There are just too many parallels with the Whitechapel Murders to turn a blind eye now. Jack didn't know Robert Napper would come along a 100 years later, and I don't believe Napper only did what he did because of some special insight into Jack that he was determined to reflect in his own crimes. He just went with his own flow.

Has anyone else noticed the uncanny likeness between the original identikit pic of Rachel's suspected killer and Napper? It may have looked a bit like Colin Stagg, but it's much more like Napper.

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                  Has anyone else noticed the uncanny likeness between the original identikit pic of Rachel's suspected killer and Napper?
                  Some people at work wound me up about it at the time, too. Judging by my old passport photo, I can see why...

Click image for larger version

Name:	photofit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	655530
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Aaaaarrrgh!

Don't let the Jigsaw Man see this, Sam.

Paul Britton, the Stagg Nabber, was a piece short of a puzzle, only in a different way from Robert Napper.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      Some people at work wound me up about it at the time, too. Judging by my old passport photo, I can see why...

[ATTACH]4093[/ATTACH]
                      The MJK crime scene photo is scarcely more gruesome than this.

Comment

Thank you so much, Moriarty
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Thank you so much, Moriarty
                          I jest of course. Were I to post a pic of myself it would become obvious why Mrs Moriarty went west several summers ago.

Comment

He was delusional, suffered asperger's, schizophrenia, but was obviously obsessively sex-mad. Yet his murders were frenzied attempts to commit sex attacks - he literally lost control at the last minute despite any planning. He's a disorganised offender with deeply ingrained obsessive traits. He planned his murders driven by his obsessive nature and powerful sex drive but was too much of a mentalist to carry them out - in the end he was just a frenzy-killer. He'd probably have gone on to become a spree killer had he remained at large - that, or he'd have gone totally nutty.

Comment

I do recall, I think, that the police at the time of Stagg's being cleared of the killing of Nickell said that they weren't looking for anyone else as far as this crime was concerned. That is, they still suspected Stagg. Now they are saying, quote-ish, 'the processes of the detection of murder have moved on since then'.

Seems like they want it both ways.

And Sam, do I know you from somewhere....?

Graham
                              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Working...
                              X