Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Murder

Hi,
    Elizabeth Prater is a fascinating witness to the events of the early hours of the 9th November 88 in many ways, she comes across as a person of detail, and her various observations of that night all have a ring of truth about them.
    For exsample.
    She describes a meeting with Mjk at the court entrance at 9pm on the eve of the 8th, and adds such believable phrases as ...She was wearing a coat and bonnet... she said 'Goodnight my pretty''...another quotation..I spoke to the man McCarthy at 1am whilst waiting for my young man, asking him [McCarthy] to say 'I have gone up to my room'.
    But the most intresting account is Praters version of hearing the cry of 'Oh murder',and her opinion that it sounded like a person awakening from a nightmare,her description of how the cat Diddles awoke her has all the hallmarks of truth, her reaction to being awaken by the cat, also her visiting the pub for a drink seeing men harnessing horses at 545am in Dorset street, and her not rousing from her bed till around 11am would fit what is known.
    I cannot get away from the significance of the cry and Praters interpretaion, as it surely would have major significance if the cry was exactly what she implied, leaving the major possibility that Mary kelly was alive around 4am, if this was the case then Mrs Maxwell, and Maurice Lewis, acounts must enter the mix.
    Remember Kit watkins account two years later and Lotties words.
    She [ Kelly[ told me that she had a dream that she was being murdered, and that shook her up.
    As the sound heard by Prater was 'Oh Murder' a phrase many people on Casebook have thought unusual for a person about to be physically murdered by a mad knifeman, my conclusion is MJK actually 'woke up 'having a reoccurance of her bad dream that she was being 'Murdered' hense the apt choice of words.
    That being the case, the early hours of the 9th would have a new outlook would they not?
    Regards Richard.

Hi Richard,
    Didn't Maurice Lewis describe MK as short, stout and dark?

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

Working...
    X