The ladies vanish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ladies vanish

A man has been arrested yesterday in Marseilles.
    He is suspected to have kidnapped and ill-used (pizerian phraseology...) 3 prostitutes.
    Police found evidences that he has tortured them, but they are still missing, and the man (51 years old, formerly known as a violent thief) refuses to utter a single word.
    He lived in "Mitre" (La Mitre, a Marseilles district).

From today's newspaper

The man's name is Patrick Salameh.
    There are DNA traces in his appartment, that belong to 2 missing prostitutes:
    Irina (an Ukrainian), 42, and Cristina, 23, from Romania.(The 3rd missing lady is an Algerian named Zineb, 28.)
    He was caught because he didn't kill one of his victim, who apparently tried her best to pretend that she "enjoyed" the tortures.
    He even paid her and let her go.
    She then go to the police.
    She said she saw a bloody corpse in the bathroom.
    The man is said to be very intelligent, he was a painter and has just sent a manuscript about serial killers to several publishers.
    He is now suspected to have beheaded and burnt a fourth woman in 2006 in Nans-les-Pins, between Toulon and Marseilles.
    He is also suspected to have killed 2 Arabs (men, with stones and knife) recently.
    His last exhibition's title was : "resilience", a psychiatric term.
    He is of course suspected to be a sex-racist-serial-killer.

Comment

Get the guillotine out of mothballs.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Ah, Stan! if you knew my nostalgy...

Amitiés,
        David

Comment

A disturbing case, David.

An ex-con. That's too bad. Prison doesn't seem to help a lot of people. They need a real strong support system when they come out. Family, church, a job, a woman. Sounds like he had too much time on his hands. You know what they say - an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

Roy
          Sink the Bismark

Comment

I'll try to follow the case, since the man is from my area.
            Devilish, he certainly is. What struck me is the fact that he is given as "intelligent"; he used, by his own will, to undergo a treatment, and at the same time, he started writing and painting. Perhaps he is a quite good painter. He displayed some of his paintings in Paris, and the title of the exibition was "resilience", a psychiatric term meaning: the capacity to face adversity (according to the journalist).
            If he is actually the one that killed two male foreigners, his motives would be both a matter of sadism and hate/racism.
            I forgot to mention that he has two sons around 20 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              Get the guillotine out of mothballs.
              Not that long since it was last used - 1979, actually. Which I guess may well surprise a few people....

....not that I'm an expert, of course, but I believe the last useable guillotine was moved by rail in kit-form to wherever it was required. Rather like the old electric-chair in Louisiana, which was transported around the state by truck. Remember that old movie 'The Traveling Executioner' with Stacey What's-is-name?

Cheers,

Graham
              Last edited by Graham; 11-16-2008, 11:27 PM.
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Stacey Keach - I just remembered.

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Still Salameh doesn't breathe a word.
                  Yesterday, his sister claimed it iwas impossible for her brother to have tortured his victims, since there are too many people living around.
                  Unfortunately, several neighbours have since claimed that they had heard awful sounds coming from the appartment: women crying, blows, doors burst open... But they did not call the police (to which I guess they would immediately run if they moose 50 € in the street).
                  Now I wonder if the man will go to prison or to the loony-bin. If the man is as intelligent as it seems, experts will have a hard time.
                  Maybe Salameh would have prefered the guillotine.
                  This month a drunkard who has killed a child (and I don't want to go into details, it's really more than I can bear) said in court that he deserved guillotine, and really wanted it.
                  Am I for death penalty?
                  My opinion is that nobody should kill without risking his own neck.
                  IMHO, the Bible's word (1 eye for 1 eye, etc), whether you like it or not, apply it not, is not unjust.

Comment

Working...
                  X