City of London Asylum (Stone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of London Asylum (Stone)

With the help of Chris Phillips and the London Metropolitan Archives staff, I had a look at the the Alphabetical List of Patients for the City of London Asylum at Stone near Dartford in Kent.
    I looked at two books and they are:

City of London, Alphabetical List of Patients.
    On the spine it said 'From 1866 to 1888' (number 2 was also marked on the spine)
    reference number was CLA/001/B/05/001

and

On the spine it said 'From 1866 to 1893' (number 3 was also marked on the spine)
    reference number was CLA/001/B/05/002

Unfortunately there's no mention of Kosminski or Abrahams at all.

The male patients books I didn't look at as if he's not in the alphabetical list I wouldn't expect him to be in these books, but for those interested the books for the relevant years (1888 to 1892) are:

CLA/001/B/02/007
    CLA/001/B/02/008
    CLA/001/B/02/009
    CLA/001/B/02/0010

All these references were giving to me by a staff member as the files are in the process of being catalogued.

Rob

I'm away from home at the moment but I have a fine old Edwardian postcard of Stone Asylum. I'll put it up when I get back.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
      With the help of Chris Phillips and the London Metropolitan Archives staff, I had a look at the the Alphabetical List of Patients for the City of London Asylum at Stone near Dartford in Kent.
      I looked at two books and they are:

On the spine it said 'From 1866 to 1888' (number 2 was also marked on the spine)
      reference number was CLA/001/B/05/001

and

On the spine it said 'From 1866 to 1893' (number 3 was also marked on the spine)
      reference number was CLA/001/B/05/002

Unfortunately there's no mention of Kosminski or Abrahams at all.
      Thanks for posting this information.

Comment

Working...
      X