JtR Celebrity Suspects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JtR Celebrity Suspects

It had to happen eventually I guess, but according to a new book I might be related to 'Jack the Ripper'?

A chapter apparently claims that Charles Stewart Parnell (My Nan's Uncle) was 'Jack the Ripper'.

I was just wondering if anyone else had read this book and whether anyone had any ideas how this story first started or originated?

Yours Pirate

PS. Until I get to the bottom of this I suggest you are all a little more careful around here .

The chapter starts....

Charles Parnell
    (1846-91)
    The Uncrowned King of Ireland

Then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Regards Mike

Comment

Yes I gather it has something to do with what he was wearing when he left somewhere on a foggy evening...

Still at least when my daughter studies the subject in her GCSE's she can claim she might be a decendent of Jack The Ripper now.

Ironic really, shes actually related to someone famous in history that none of the kids would have heard of..yet I bet everyone of them will know the name Jack the Ripper..

Is that what the books about?

Comment

Not the Earliest Mention

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
        Yes I gather it has something to do with what he was wearing when he left somewhere on a foggy evening...
        Still at least when my daughter studies the subject in her GCSE's she can claim she might be a decendent of Jack The Ripper now.
        Ironic really, shes actually related to someone famous in history that none of the kids would have heard of..yet I bet everyone of them will know the name Jack the Ripper..
        Is that what the books about?
        This book isn't the earliest mention of this.
        Last edited by Stewart P Evans; 09-26-2008, 06:43 PM.
        SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

The book takes all the "celeb Suspects" named over the years, such as Lewis Carroll, Oscar Wilde, Arthur Conan Doyle et all, and presents them in one volumne. It is all old news and none of the supects appear to be new.

I was quite disappointed, as the book was pretty poor, with between 2 and 4 pages for each suspect, and most of this photos!
          Regards Mike

Comment

Working...
          X