Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Bailey Proceedings

Hi all,

Just looking around the Old Bailey proceedings and came across some info about a John Brown, I know the dates are a bit off and that he would probably have been in clink but interesting none the less! Maybe an insight?

I didn’t know if I could copy and paste from the web page so here’s the link.

Hope you find it interesting!!

Barry

P.S. Don't know if it's been mentioned before? I did try a search.

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    P.S. Don't know if it's been mentioned before? I did try a search.
    Hi Barry,

This is the other part of the (not-very-famous) "Triple Event" of the night of 29th September 1888 - it wasn't just Eddowes and Stride who had been knifed to death that night, which raises interesting points for those who see the "Double Event" as too much of a coincidence!

I'd not seen the Old Bailey transcript before, though, so thanks for the link.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Sammy:

You just gotta watch out for those Browns...

It might be an issue of sorts if all three victims were killed outdoors...which they weren't....or if Sarah was a prostitute,which she wasn't.

I think linking Sarah Brown's murder-by-knife on the same night to the other two murder-by-knives is similar to linking a murder-by-knife on the night Nichols was killed, and/or Chapman, and/or Kelly. I believe A.P. Wolf found this link some time ago and placed it elsewhere...but its nice to see it once more.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
        It might be an issue of sorts if all three victims were killed outdoors...which they weren't....or if Sarah was a prostitute,which she wasn't.
        It's still a fatal knife-assault, How, irrespective of location - there were other outdoor murders around the time of the Whitechapel series that most wouldn't ascribe to JTR. And, in point of fact, we don't know that either Eddowes or Stride were prostituting themselves on the nights they died. Whatever they were doing, it's clear that all three women were in the wrong place at the wrong time - and all died within hours of one another of a cut throat.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Wasn't there another incident that night, a forth murder or attack or did I totally imagine that??

Kind regards

Adam
          Best regards,
          Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            It's still a fatal knife-assault, How, irrespective of location - there were other outdoor murders around the time of the Whitechapel series that most wouldn't ascribe to JTR. And, in point of fact, we don't know that either Eddowes or Stride were prostituting themselves on the nights they died. Whatever they were doing, it's clear that all three women were in the wrong place at the wrong time - and all died within hours of one another of a cut throat.
            The closer the two Murders are(Time and Distance) the greater the chances they are connected. This value rises exponentially.

In addition. Nothing was heard. No one was caught. No motives were ever found. Stride and Eddowes are really two very weird Murders happening in nearly the same place at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
              The closer the two Murders are(Time and Distance) the greater the chances they are connected.
              That's not strictly the case, Mitch. That's like saying that, if two people were killed in the London Blitz within a mile of one other, and in the same hour of the night, their deaths were inevitably caused by the same German plane. All it takes is more than one plane, and the argument collapses like a house of cards.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

And, in point of fact, we don't know that either Eddowes or Stride were prostituting themselves on the nights they died...Sammy

Good point and well taken. They did, however, earn a little cash from time to time via prostitution. Thats really what I should have said...because I don't believe Stride was prostituting herself at the time, but waiting for someone..

Comment

How,

I've been reading the Old Bailey lately, and there have been just a shite-load of Browns in there. It just does my heart glad to see that. I'm guessing you swell with pride a bit yourself?

Cheers,

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

Oh I wanted to ask about policeman Thomas Brown in the Bailey report that was cited. He was number a 88. I don't think it's the same Brown that shot himself 3 or 4 days after Kelly's death, but I'm not sure. Do y'all know?

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

Mike:

Yeah, Browns were troublemakers back then too. We evolved into those cats with the scam mails offering to share millions. Nothin' changes.

That's not strictly the case, Mitch. That's like saying that, if two people were killed in the London Blitz within a mile of one other, and in the same hour of the night, their deaths were inevitably caused by the same German plane. All it takes is more than one plane, and the argument collapses like a house of cards.-Sam Messerschmidt

Excuse me,Mr.Luftwaffe:

Wouldn't it need to be proven that two planes did fly over the same area in the hypothetical story about the Stuka over Spitalfields?

Because the J. Brown fellow killed indoors, not outdoors. We is talkin' about two women killed outdoors. To me that makes a bit o' difference in your theory.

Sincerely,
                      Baron Von Rippenoff

Comment

Thanks for the replies as you can see from the number of post and date I’m quite new here, I had heard of the “double event” but not of John Brown.

Could someone fill in the gaps in my education? It seems he may well have been investigated.

What did he do for a living?
                        Was he checked out ref previous murders?
                        Did he live apart form his wife? Where did he lodge?
                        Did he die in prison or asylum?
                        Also ref the transcript, the date ref the policeman A88 the 22nd is obviously wrong but what was right 29th 11pm or 30th 11am.
                        Plus I guess he would have been inside (either prison or asylum) when MJK was murdered inside 13 MC.

Sorry if I’m asking seemingly daft questions but I don’t know so I’m asking.

Barry

Comment

Working...
                        X