Photo's of 13 MC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo's of 13 MC

On the cover of Ripperologist October 2000 there is a photo of MC showing the door and no 13 clearly on it and also no glass AT ALL in the bottom right of the window nearest the door.Apart from this shot and the one taken from further away and not showing the door full on but just showing the 2 windows are there anymore shots of the outside of no 13??
    Steve
    Steve

I was always under the impression that the Ripperologist image was a mock-up, rather than a different shot of No13.

Comment

Photo or mock up??

I was a bit dubious also as to if it was a photo or mock up!If Stuart Evans is reading this maybe he can help as I saw threads from him including shots of MC
      Steve
      Steve

Comment

Steve, there are only two known photos of 13 Millers Court in existance. There is the world-famous 9th November 1888 shot taken by Joseph Martin (and any variations you see on that will be simply cropped versions of that image) and one taken in the spring of 1928 from Brushfield Street, when the whole area was being cleared. You can just see a tiny part of the remains of #13 in the distance.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Please?

Can someone post a good copy of the 1928 shot.I've probably seen it before but I want to be sure
          Thanks
          Steve
          Steve

Comment

Probably one of these:

Comment

If I remember correctly, the shot of the door of 13 Millers Court on the cover of Ripperologist was taken from the 1988 Thames Lorimar TV production starring Michael Caine. A very nice recreation.

Cheers,

Robert

Comment

Hi Robert,

I believe it is from the film 'From Hell'.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Steve F View Post
                  Can someone post a good copy of the 1928 shot.I've probably seen it before but I want to be sure.
                  This is the best we've got at this moment in time.

Kelly's room is slightly to the left of centre.

Click image for larger version

Name:	demolition 1929.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	654863
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by RJM View Post
                    If I remember correctly, the shot of the door of 13 Millers Court on the cover of Ripperologist was taken from the 1988 Thames Lorimar TV production starring Michael Caine. A very nice recreation.

Cheers,

Robert
                    Hi Robert
                    On closer inspection it does look like a recreation. The brickwork around the door is a bit of a give away,the original is iffy, like the fella that did it had been in the Ten Bells all night.
                    I am convinced that I have seen another shot of #13 in a book from the 90's taken from a similar view point to the one on this site(the one with the tray on the ground beneath the windows)and it was tagged 'Millers Court,some years after the murder'or something like that and the windows were boarded up(?)Unfortunately some of my Ripper books have gone when Iwas told they weren't reference books they were taking up to much shelf space!!!
                    Steve
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                      Hi Robert,

I believe it is from the film 'From Hell'.

Rob
                      Can't be 'From Hell ' was after 2000
                      Steve
                      Steve

Comment

I am convinced that I have seen another shot of #13 in a book from the 90's taken from a similar view point to the one on this site(the one with the tray on the ground beneath the windows)and it was tagged 'Millers Court,some years after the murder'or something like that and the windows were boarded.
                        That would have been a newspaper drawing, not a photo.
                        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Sorry

Sorry to push this Stephen but it WAS a photo.I know the drawing you are on about.I'm unsure wether the windows were boarded up on the photo as they were in the drawing we are talking about
                          All the best
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                            That would have been a newspaper drawing, not a photo.
                            There were at least 2 drawings of the boarded up windows at Millers Court. The one viewable on in the Photo Archive section from the IPN titled 'Windows Boarded Up, Scene of the Miller's Court Murder' and another titled 'The Narrow Court and Kelly's Home' that shows two policemen guarding the passage.

JM

Comment

Can't be 'From Hell ' was after 2000
                              Steve
                              Actually it is. Just had a look at the issue and it says 'The cover photograph is of the doorway to 13 Millers Court. Where the body of Mary Kelly was found, reconstructed for the movie From Hell.'

This might be the other photo you were on about. It was a reconstruction by William Stewart for his book in 1939.

Click image for larger version

Name:	William Stewart Millers Court cb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	654864

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X