Sexual Activity / Rape...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual Activity / Rape...?

Even though the medical reports at the time suggested that the victims had not been raped or seen any sexual activity at the time, I personally think they may have been raped based purely on my opinion of what the killer was like and how they went about the murders. I believe they were sexually/rape based murders and that the killer needed to seek sexual satisfaction during the killings. Does anyone else share the opinion that Jack raped the victims?

Kind regards,

ADAM
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Hi Adam,

You could be right but in some of these psychos the act of killing actually produces a spontaneous orgasm without any sort of genital contact as I understand it. That doesn't mean they couldn't have more orgasms either with or without contact so all could be true.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I have even toyed with the idea of Jack being a necrophile but given the time it took to commit the murders, ie, Eddowes appears to have been killed within a few minutes, it seems unlikely.
      Best regards,
      Adam

Comment

Go gently with me, I'm a newbie...

I agree with you that these were almost certainly sexually based murders, but that need not mean that rape is involved. I think we're dealing with a man of 'deviant' sexuality, who doesn't necessarily get off on penetrative sex (forced or consensual), or who is not actually capable of penetrative sex - I think it was the mutilation that got him off, which is why there was no evidence of rape.

I am sure others will have different opinions!
        "No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better" - Samuel Beckett.

Comment

Hi Ms. Fade and Stan,

I concur that JTR got his his satisfaction from the mutilations, also.

Ms. Fade,

Welcome to the Casebook. That was a nice first post. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Best,

Cel
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Maybe the taken of certain things, like the uterus, the kidney etc, was taken for the purpose of masturbation. Many serial killers have taken objects and used them for sexual satisfaction. It's a theory I will have to toy with a bit more.

Regards,

Adam
            Best regards,
            Adam

Comment

Thankyou Celesta!

Uncle Jack - you may well be right there, the body parts could well have been taken as 'souvenirs'.

Ms.F
              "No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better" - Samuel Beckett.

Comment

The worst part is we dont know for sure so we are always going to have to consider non sexual motives. Even though it seems unlikely.

Comment

There would have been non sexual activity - he got all the sexual pleasure he needed from the killing.

Have you learned nothing about sexual serial killers?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
                    There would have been non sexual activity - he got all the sexual pleasure he needed from the killing.

Have you learned nothing about sexual serial killers?
                    I would have to agree. Perhaps it wasn't even sexual at all - perhaps he was just deranged. To my mind, a sane person could not have committed murders such as those attributed to him. And to a deranged individual, it would be hard to say whether his motives were or were not sexual.

What does everyone else think?
                    Best,

LV

Comment

Hello all (another newbie here)--
                      I believe Mitch has the only definite answer we shall ever have, and that is that there is no answer. Certainly these killings give the appearance of being sexually motivated, though I know this is a hotly contested point. All I can be confident of is that the mutilations were the focal point (excepting Stride, if one includes her in the canon)--the murders themselves appear to be merely a means to an end.
                      And I wonder if Jack himself could have articulated his motives, whether sexual or otherwise--does a killer of this stripe have the insight to do so?

Cheers!
                      --Honor

Comment

Using value-laden logic and saying that "no sane man could have done this" passes off the crimes as the random work of a madman and ignores the established fact that "normal" people DO do these things quite a lot! And it's caused not by the individual being sick, but the social order being sick.

Comment

DarkPassenger,

I do agree with you in what you said about the social order being sick, but what I meant by "no sane man" was that there was no apparent motive and that the nature of the killings (mutilations, on the street, etc.) point to a very disturbed individual. I would like to think that no one in their right mind would be able to commit such crimes.
                          Best,

LV

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

This counters the idea that sane people cannot commit violent sadistic acts.

Comment

Originally posted by Honor Beckett View Post
                              Hello all (another newbie here)--
                              I believe Mitch has the only definite answer we shall ever have, and that is that there is no answer. Certainly these killings give the appearance of being sexually motivated, though I know this is a hotly contested point. All I can be confident of is that the mutilations were the focal point (excepting Stride, if one includes her in the canon)--the murders themselves appear to be merely a means to an end.
                              And I wonder if Jack himself could have articulated his motives, whether sexual or otherwise--does a killer of this stripe have the insight to do so?

Cheers!
                              --Honor
                              We really dont know what kind of killer JTR was. He wasnt caught so there is no definate motive or much of any clues.

I only call JTR a male because I can find no reason for Annie to have gone into the back yard with a woman. Now.. If I ever find out the women had a motive to go into back yards together in the early morning hours I may lower my gaurd on the Male thing. But still its going to take an unusually strong female to do what JTR did. The chances are slim to none that JTR was female.

More likely than not JTR planned to kill and set out to kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X