pictures of ads and shops of whitechapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures of ads and shops of whitechapel

Hello, I browsed all 55 pages of the topic " East End Photographs and Drawings" and the photos there are really great, not being English and living far away, they are excellent source of info. On the other hand, in my reconstruction work I look for elements as exact as possible, to rebuild Whitechapel area in 3D I need some shops vitrine (not sure the term is right, I mean the glass bay in the front) with names of the owner, description of the goods and to have an idea of the quality of the goods proposed (I suppose Whitechapel's shop weren't carrying luxury stuff). if someone has some photos of those shop entrance I'd be very happy to see some. I would like to know if some shops vitrine were in English only or they could be in Polish, Russian, Hebrew as well? Finally I'm looking for ads in the streets, the one speaking about beers and stout, the one painted on the walls, all these streets elements giving life and authenticity to the reconstruction.

so if you have any links, photos or advices where to find those, please go on!
Working...
X