Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Hoax King

Hello one and all.

I'm interested in hoaxes of all kinds and would like your opinions on how Jack the Ripper compares to other historical figures who have generated hoaxes like Howard Hughes. People like myself wonder about the Ripper's relevance to history but, since Ripper-related hoaxes appeared on Hoax forums, I think Jack has to rate as high as a major religious icon.
    I'd like your input to cement his place in the history of hoaxes if not raise his historical stock in general with people who wonder why the interest in Jack. Of all the non-religious figures, who would be the greatest as far as inspiring hoaxes:
    Howard Hughes?
    Adolf Hitler?
    Jack the Ripper?
    Other?

Hitler Hoaxes include a fake baby picture, a faked death, faked survival and a hoax diary.

According to some members of the "Hoax Forum" I am a hoax!

Apparently I am a creation to promote the Davinci-Code, by mention Roslyn D'Onston Stephenson along with JTR and Black Magic Rituals!

It's all rubbish of course, and I do exsist!
    Regards Mike

Comment

A Northern Englander gave us the Alien Autopsy!

The Roslyn Hoax puts Jack the Ripper well ahead of the competition. Bully for Jack!
      Do you find it a unfavorable distinction?

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
        A Northern Englander gave us the Alien Autopsy!

The Roslyn Hoax puts Jack the Ripper well ahead of the competition. Bully for Jack!
        Do you find it a unfavorable distinction?
        I thought Ray Santilli was from down South?
        Regards Mike

Comment

Santilli was London-based but John Humphreys, the sulptor, was based in Manchester. Humphreys also worked on Dr. Who as did Davinci Coder, Henry Lincoln.
          Do you have any link to Dr. Who? And is Covell your real name?

Comment

Why do you say that Jack the Ripper is a hoax?

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

By Hoax King, I mean to say Jack the Ripper inspires a lot of hoaxes, not that he is a hoax himself.
              Mike Covell is a different matter:

Michael: "one who is like God"
              Covell: "cloaked"

Mike Covell studies the Ripper and his name means "cloaked one who is like God"!!!

I don't know why Jack inspires so many hoaxes. It could be because no one knows who he is. Howard Hughes was relusive but he was known.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis View Post
                By Hoax King, I mean to say Jack the Ripper inspires a lot of hoaxes, not that he is a hoax himself.
                Mike Covell is a different matter:

Michael: "one who is like God"
                Covell: "cloaked"

Mike Covell studies the Ripper and his name means "cloaked one who is like God"!!!

I don't know why Jack inspires so many hoaxes. It could be because no one knows who he is. Howard Hughes was relusive but he was known.
                Elvis,

To be honest, I think you should seek help from someone.

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Well, newbies certainly aren't going to get any help here.
                  Hoaxes are a big deal. Recent movies have come out on the subject like The Hoax and Shattered Glass.
                  But you probably think of hoaxes as scams that didn't make the mainstream media. Is that it?
                  You can say Jack inspired hoaxes because no one knew who he was. Okay then. My enthusiasm is dampered.

Comment

Hello Tupelo

Welcome the King

I think you can safely put the Ripper ahead of Hitler.
                    Recent studies indicate Jack had not two but three testicles.

Roy
                    Sink the Bismark

Comment

As a fellow newbie can I ask what you think it is about Jack the Ripper that is a hoax? There is no doubt that the killings took place so I genuinely wonder what hoax you think could be perpertrated??
                      In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Hi Kat,
                        Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
                        As a fellow newbie can I ask what you think it is about Jack the Ripper that is a hoax?
                        I think Elvis's observation - and it's a rather good one, IMO - is that Jack the Ripper has inspired a fair number of hoaxes, rather than that Jack was a hoax himself.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi

In my opinion the two biggest being perpetrated by Joseph Sickert, and the author of the Maybrick dairy.

all the best

Observer

Comment

Hi -

Originally posted by Observer View Post
                            ... the author of the Maybrick dairy.
                            Yes, but the trail back to the author of the dairy is Friesian. Udder hoaxes ... oh stop.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              Hi Kat,I think Elvis's observation - and it's a rather good one, IMO - is that Jack the Ripper has inspired a fair number of hoaxes, rather than that Jack was a hoax himself.
                              Yeah I did get that! I am blonde but its bleach.
                              I just wondered what excatly Elvis was reffering to. I too think that the Sickertt and Diary are hoaxes but wondered if there was more.
                              In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Working...
                              X